AIDS Prevention Initiative in Nigeria (APIN) is pleased to announce the inaugural edition of the APIN Scientific Conference (ASC).
The conference is expected to bring together top researchers, health care workers, programme implementers and funding agencies including government, bilateral and multilaterals to discuss issues of global and regional public health importance.
- To provide a platform for showcasing research work, evaluation and implementation research output from public health programme implementation.
- To provide a platform for research partnership and collaboration among programme implementers
The theme of this year’s conference is ‘integrating research into service delivery; the gains, challenges and opportunities’. It will provide a platform for researchers and public health experts to share experience and disseminate their results
The 2013 edition will have the under listed areas of focus:
Track 1: HIV Care and treatment
- HIV care of adults and children
- ART for adults and children
- TB/HIV co- infection
- HIV/Hepatitis B and C co –infection
- Other OIs and co morbidities
Track 2: Laboratory Services
- HIV Point of care technology
- Laboratory quality management programmes
- TB diagnostics
- HIV drug Resistance monitoring
Track 3: PMTCT and Community based programmes
- HIV Counselling and Testing
- Adherence and retention in PMTCT settings
- Community TB care
- Drivers of the epidemic and other MARPs
- OVC programme
- Support group activities/ community based care
Track 4: Strategic Information, Health Systems Strengthening
- Electronic medical records in health care settings
- Training and retention of health work force
- Quality Improvement
- Integrating HIV/ AIDS into other services
To submit an abstract for this Conference, click here
In order to register for this Conference, click here
The fee covers lunch, 2 tea breaks and conference materials
Individuals are responsible for their own transportation to and during the conference.
APIN has secured special rates at the following hotels for conference participants.
|S/N||HOTEL||ROOM TYPE||COST PER NIGHT||APPROXIMATE DISTANCE TO CONFERENCE VENUE|
|1||New Chelsea Hotel
Address: Plot 123, Cadastral Zone AO. Central Business District. Abuja
Address: Plot 1090 Muhammadu Buhari Way. Central Business District, Abuja
|Standard King Double||N10,000 ($62.5)|
|Executive King Double||N20,000 ( $125)|
The organizers are unable to offer any scholarship at this time