Exciting Job Vacancy
APIN Public Health Initiatives is a non-governmental donor-funded organization dedicated to the prevention, treatment, care and support of diseases of public health importance in Nigeria, including HIV/AIDS, tuberculosis and malaria, among others. APIN works in partnership with the Federal and State Governments of Nigeria, United States Center for Disease Control (CDC), as well as the Global Fund to fight AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria in Nigeria. We seek to recruit qualified persons to fill critical positions necessary for programme implementation. We offer professionals opportunities for career advancement, a good working environment and competitive remuneration. We are seeking qualified and suitable candidate to assume this position for a NEST project in Nigeria.
The Newborn Essential Solutions and Technologies (NEST) program aims to implement comprehensive newborn care through innovative lifesaving technologies, the provision of both technical and clinical capacity-building, implementation of clinical and technical educational programs and the building of a sustainable distribution network.
Job Title: NEST Engineering Training & Maintenance Manager
Job Reference code:NESTETMM840
1. Management of equipment installation and maintenance (with local distributor, if pertinent)
· Assist in identification of a maintenance point person at each installation site
· Communicate routinely with distributor & installation sites to ensure implementation is taking place
· With support from the NEST Biomed Tech Training Director, lead all engineering maintenance & coordination initiatives, including:
o Coordination of installation & user training for NEST equipment in programme-supported sites
o Tracking installed equipment and status, including maintenance & repair history and analysis
o Development and monitoring of preventive and corrective maintenance, tool management and requisition and supply and equipment inventory systems
o Coordination and conduction of user and technician trainings and installations at all sites
o Coordination of repair and maintenance of all installed equipment as necessary
· Develop recommendation plan for preventive maintenance on team, user and installation site responsibility levels
· Perform periodic field visits to ensure the quality of equipment care and monitor progress
· Brainstorm needs within nursery and training institution installation sites, including but not limited to: equipment design, nursery infrastructure and layout and renewable energy
· Participate in manufacturer-led trainings in service and repair when necessary; may require travel
2. Ministry of Health engagement and facilitation
· Assist in development of job aids, videos & training curriculum for MOH technical and clinical staff
· Support in development and implementation of a maintenance supportive supervision program and coordination of program activities
· Develop strategies to increase maintenance staff uptake of equipment repair
3. Communication and Reporting
· Immediately provide feedback to project leadership following installations, user trainings or maintenance visits with pertinent information (e.g. numbers of users and technicians trained, maintenance, design and repair issues)
· Provide support in compiling and reviewing high quality reports to donors and program management in a timely fashion
· Keep abreast of developments in grant/program changes and progress in order to advise and recommend tools and strategies to increase program performances and results
· Review and analyse field reports to identify the causes of potential bottlenecks in project implementation and use data for decision making and action
· Serve as a liaison between the NEST program and Ministry of Health (particularly within the equipment maintenance and/or procurement units), engineering accreditation bodies and training institutions for the communication of program plans, activities, data and progress
· Ensure that donor, partners and senior management engineering and maintenance queries are addressed in an accurate and timely manner
· Bachelor’s degree or Higher National Diploma in biomedical engineering or other related discipline.
· Strong skills in engineering, instrumentation and reporting software (e.g., Labview, Solidworks, AutoCad, Matlab, Microsoft Office (Word, Powerpoint, Excel, etc.)) is essential for this role.
· Experience working with the biomedical unit of a hospital, government ministry department and agency or private sector focusing on the installation and maintenance of hospital equipment preferred
· A minimum of 3 years’ proven experience in implementing engineering, including experience with multi-site programs, and hospital-related maintenance particularly with regards to neonatal equipment preferred
· Ability to work both independently and in a team environment, including ability to coordinate effectively with diverse individuals and stakeholders to achieve results
· Familiarity with qualitative and quantitative data collection and design software (e.g., SPSS, STATA or similar, Power BI, Adobe Creative Cloud Suite, etc.) preferred
· Ability to travel extensively in-country and out of country as necessary
Mode of Application:
Interested and qualified persons should please send their applications to this dedicated email: email@example.com
You will be required to attach a CV and indicate the Job Reference Code as the subject of the email. The Job Reference Code is an important requirement for this exercise as any application not in line with this instruction will not be considered.
This advert will close on August 10, 2020